Pulao/ Pilaf (also known as pilau, peleau and plov) is a dish in which rice is cooked in a seasoned broth.
Its a hit recipe for busy mums for 2 reasons
1- You get to make the kids eat the vegetables
2. You are done in under 15 minutes. Yes 15 minutes is all it takes to make a flavorful pulao.
I love using pressure cooker. And honestly its a myth that you get mushy rice in pressure cooker. You just need to time it well, while using basmati rice.
Heres a quick fix for dinner or lunch
Pressure cooker Pilaf/ Pulao
1 big cup veggies(peas,carrot,cauliflower,french beans)
2 tbsp ghee
1 bay leaf
2 green cardamom
1 black cardamom(optional)
1″ cinnamon stickcloves
3-4 star anise
1 tsp cumin seeds
1-1 1/2 tsp coriander pwd
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin pwd
1/2 tsp chilly pwd
2 slit green chilliesa
pinch turmeric(just a pinch!)
onion 1 big chopped
gingergarlic paste 1 tsp
salt to taste
broken cashews few
2) take ghee in pressure cooker,when heated add the whole spices.
3) when they fry a little add onions, when onions are semi cooked add ginger garlic paste and chillies slit.cook till onions are nicely pinkish golden
4) add the veggies, followed by all the powdered masalas.cook for a minute…
5)then add drained rice..cook for a minute
6)finally add 3 cups warm water…i prefer warm .add salt
7)pressure cook..I usually simmer for 3-4 minutes after the first whistle.open pressure cooker after a while,fluff with fork
8) decorate with fried cashews
Serve with vegetable or boondi Raita